Thursday, October 15, 2009

Walk

Walk through the darkness in the stillness at night,
when all are asleep except those like me,
Those who wake truly in the hours of sunset,
Walk down the dark paths and observe the darkness,
If by chance, perhaps,
You find me cloaked in shadows,
looking back at you.
Show me not fear, I have no use for it,
save amusement,
Show me not distrust, for you are distrusted
simply by being on my paths,
Show me not anger, for you have nothing
that I can not counter,
Walk the dark paths in quiet observance,
See what I have seen,
Know me for who I am, cloaked in shadow,
Know, that as you walk in my darkness
I do not fear you
My armor forged of your fears,
My weapons forged of a thousand wars,
If you insist on being on my paths,
Seek simply, to walk.
NOTE: This is another of my older works... as I attempt to reconnect with the things I've written in the past and plan to write in the future. Hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I like the imagry of a solitary warrier who will not instigate but will finish any battle brought to her feet. It is a lonely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... it makes me think of spider webs.

    ReplyDelete