Wednesday, May 6, 2015

My Hero

Look! Mom, Look!
They called him to the field
No, Mom, you have to look!
His shield shines bright
reflecting the light of the sun
A billion hash marks on the other side
one for each monster, of course!
One for each monster that he has killed,
That's my  hero, my Dad
Greatest fighter of them all
See his helmet? The one with the horns?
He took those horns from a Minotaur
I bet he took the scales from a sea creature
While sailing with pirates...
Well... You said there were pirates last night
He can dance on light shoes with the monsters
They are magical, I magicked them with my pink bow!
See how he shines in the sun!
He's relaxing, waiting for the herald to yell
"Open the gates!"
But oh! When the gates open, 
and the monsters are let in...
What could it be this time?
Oh, oh, oh a lion!  I bet it'll be a lion,
with golden main flowing
The marshal's with spears pull to the edge
The lion would lunge, One, Two, Three!
The lion goes down!
A lion skin rug for his home.
The heralds have called again.
Mom? Are you even listening?
The gate opens,
You can almost hear the clink of the chains
But dad's not scared! He's my hero!
Its not a lion Mom!
A dragon lumbers in, it's scales red
A red dragon Mom! Of course!!!
Don't you see the scales!
There he goes! They square off...
The dragon lunges, dad feints
The dragon strikes, dad blocks
No! no, no, no the dragon got his leg!
Get up Dad! I believe in you!
One blow, I'm holding my breath
The dragon looms over him
Two blows, Dad get him,
I believe in you!
Three blows, the dragon goes down!
And my Dad stands
Victorious, winner of the bout
The dragon defeated
A shining symbol of good
My hero... my Dad


This was written on site at Beltane AS V.  At first I didn't have anything for the topic "Through the Eyes of a Child" then the muse hit.  With a baseball bat.  This is the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment