Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Traveler

I am a traveler,
I have watched the grand passage
Of times most intimate details.
I have looked into the darkness
And seen in its brilliance,
That light once pierced would not,
Be taken away by darkness.
I have moved in the circles of angels,
Their wings light and airy,
Touching only the skin in soft
Sensuous touches.
I have had congress with the fallen,
Those who in a moment of weakness
Did not see the passage of truth
And grew from their weaknesses.
I have watched the monster,
Though he may be not so monstrous
Once my sword writes his name
I have seen the ancient past
Where magic and wisdom in moments
Of domination became religion and belief.
Why do I travel? Well my friend,
My travels are my own,
A lone quest, a journey for answers,
The questions? Not important.
I will know them when the answers come,
I will see when the glow of remembrance
Has finally faded into antiquity.
My footsteps long faded into dust.
My passage is time, a simple
Yet insurmountable foe, where
In the brilliance of a moment, all things
Are revealed within their truths
And I, the traveler, move on.

Authors Note:  This one came in a final push so I didn't edit it much.  Perhaps I will in the future.  This is what a first draft looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment