Thursday, January 14, 2010

Storms Make us Stronger

All things end in time
As the cycle comes to a close.
Remember the words of the wind and earth
and fire in your heart will dim to a glow.
Find the strength to carry on,
the torch though dim still burns.
Remember and remember forgive and forgive
but never to forget the words.
The storms make us stronger,
the winds teach us to stand
The waters cleanse our spirits
before we once again seek land.
The banner is still flying,
Some have lost their track,
In war and peace there are casualties,
We mourn their loss and death,
But the storms make us stronger
And the winds teach us to stand
The waters cleans our spirits
Before we seek dry land.

AUTHORS NOTE: So this is another older piece but it exactly how I feel right now.  I see no point in creating a new piece of work for something that quite frankly I've already said.  I would however like to point out that I haven't stopped composing new poetry.  I am working on a new piece but I need to get over my writers block first.  My hope is that you enjoy this one until the next post. 

1 comment:

  1. I really like it. My inner cinema goes crazy for your poems. I always see - when you write. A boot, a mast, the black water, the light of hope. The feeling of acknowledged loss but iron will to move forward. BUENO!

    ReplyDelete